As a continuation of the effort of the ATOMKI astrophysics group to bring together the experts from different fields with relevance to nuclear astrophysics a thematic workshop is organized in 2018.
About 50% of the chemical elements heavier than iron are synthesized in stellar explosions (in the r-process, rp-process and γ-process). The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers working in the field of explosive nucleosynthesis.
The workshop covers a wide range of topics:
- Evidences of explosive nucleosynthesis (observations and abundances)
- Nuclear Theory in Astrophysics (Mass models, β-decay rates, optical potentials)
- Modeling of the nucleosynthesis processes (r-, rp-, and γ- process network calculations)
- Recent r-, rp-, and γ-process related experiments
- New facilities, detectors and experimental approaches