As an accompanying event of the 13th Intergovernmental Consultation on Cooperation in the field of Science and Technology between Hungary and Japan, a delegation from RIKEN, the Institute of Physical and Chemical Research in Japan visited ATOMKI. The delegation consisted of:
- Dr. Sakurai Hiroyoshi, director of the Nishina Center for Accelerator Based Science of RIKEN,
- Dr. Ichioka Toshiyasu, director of the European Office of RIKEN,
- Ms. Yokogawa Aya, member of the International Affairs Division of RIKEN.
The event was also attended by:
- Dr. Hortenzia Hosszú, counsellor of Science and Technology Affairs at the Hungarian Embassy in Japan,
- Dr. Györgyi Juhász, senior counsellor of the Department for Strategy and Institutional Excellence at the National Research, Development and Innovation Office and
- Dr. Miklós Györffi, senior European Affairs Analyst of the Cabinet for International Affairs at the Eötvös Loránd Research Network.
The participating parties reviewed the past and present collaborations mainly focused on nuclear physics so far which started about 30 years ago between RIKEN and ATOMKI. Also, some of the latest joint results were presented by scientists from ATOMKI. During a laboratory tour, the delegation was given a deeper insight of the many areas ATOMKI is contributing to science, so the parties could discuss a possible strengthening of the existing and fruitful nuclear physics collaboration and open a new horizon in other fields.